1. You must try these go to products we love! Shout color catcher, Tide Stick, OxiClean, Birkenstock suede renewer, and Amodex Ink Remover
2. Use a fine-nail buffing cube to gently even out spots on suede.
3. Use Wet Wipes (without aloe or fragrance) for removing make-up on clothing.
4. Iron dark clothing inside out with an ironing cloth to avoid seams showing.
5. Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove scuffs on soles of tennis shoes.
6. Store your sterling jewelry in plastic bags to prevent tarnish.
7. Immediately wipe off your shoes and bags if they get wet, especially if salt is present. Stuff with newspaper or tissue until dry.
8. Don’t use mothballs! Use cedar (don’t forget to sand occasionally) or other products recommended for moths & silverfish.
9. Never store soiled clothes. Food will attract moths and silverfish. Always clean first.
10. If you store items in plastic bins, put tape around the lid to completely seal. Add a scented dryer sheet.
11. Never store any clothes in dry cleaning or plastic bags. Always use cloth if needed.
12. Have rubber soles put on really high-end boots and shoes to protect leather bottoms. Cost is about $30-$50 on average.
13. Treat spots and repair small problems immediately.
14. Rub zipper teeth with a small amount of clear wax or a lead pencil to keep the zipper from sticking.
15. Hand wash or use the gentle cycle for cashmeres. Dry for 2 minutes in the dryer and then lay flat to dry.
© Copyright 2016 Fashion Avenue. All Rights Reserved.